- 36 - 40 uur
The company itself is a totally independent, family-owned business spanning five generations. A global network of strategically placed offices and laboratories enable global trade by providing independent inspection, analysis and consultancy services to the metals and minerals, solid fuels and agriculture industries.
We have honed & carefully crafted our reputation. Delivering knowledge and professionalism in all aspects of weighing, sampling and analysis. We thrive by continuing to re-invest in our facilities, technology and people.
We offer an exciting opportunity for a HSE Manager to join our facilities team based in Belgium. In this role, you will advise the management and team members on all aspects of HSE issues across multiple sites to ensure a healthy and safe working environment for all, encouraging visible safety leadership and promoting an excellent HSE culture. Sounds interesting, right?
• Working with us as a senior managers and other relevant parties, ensure that a clear HSE Strategy is in place that defines long-term H&S objectives and a high-level plan.
• Working with managers and team members, ensure there is a health & safety culture in which common-sense and practical H&S is an integral part of everyone’s workplace behaviour and attitudes.
• Management of an established Health and Safety team, including planning workload and ensuring that the team objectives are achieved.
• Ensure that there is a H&S Management System including short-term H&S plans, which is developed and implemented effectively and efficiently by working with managers and team members.
• Developing policies, procedures and processes, which describe safety behaviour and expectations as well as the risk assessment approach.
• Carrying out and supporting risk assessment, evaluation, review and control including reference to Standard Operating Procedures and Methods.
• Leading employee involvement, ensuring that employees’ direct experience of activities is taken into account and that H&S campaigns / information are communicated creatively.
• Ensuring relevant H&S training for colleagues to enable them to do their jobs correctly and safely, taking into account the level of risk to which they will be exposed.
• Ensuring adequate supervision to make sure that all colleagues are behaving safely and operating to the necessary policies, procedures and processes.
• Monitoring of employees, operational environment and equipment.
• Understanding regulatory compliance changes to keep track of how the regulatory environment affects the company and to liaise as necessary with external agencies.
• Investigating accidents, incidents and near misses to establish root causes, and identify / implement corrective actions and preventative actions.
• Measurement & reporting of H&S matters, e.g. awareness, issues, statistics, in ways that are meaningful to different audiences within the business and that support positive H&S culture.
• Delivering an environmental management program.
• Liaise with facilities regarding Contractor H&S procedures.
Sounds all familiair? Please proceed
What do we expect from you?
It concerns a varied function with a lot of freedom and responsibility. You are someone with ambitions and you naturally have someone who is active. To be considered for the position of a HES Manager, we hope you bring the following characteristics and skills:
• You have at least a PA-2 degree
• You are in possession of a bachelor's degree
• Thorough understanding of HSE guidelines / legislation.
• Experience in developing a positive HSE culture.
• Extensive experience of risk assessment and root cause analysis with planning and implementation of corrective / preventative actions.
• Able to engage with and influence colleagues across all functions and levels in the organization, from boardroom to front line.
• Analytical and Technical insights
• You have an excellent command of the Dutch and English language in word and writing
Conditions and terms
- Starting salary €5800-€7500 euros gross per month based on a full-time working week
- Good pension scheme
- Bonus scheme
- Company car
- At least 25 vacation days per year
- View of a permanent contract
- Varied work in an international environment
- Room for own initiative and personal development
- Possibility to follow (internal) courses and training
Do you have any questions?
Logistics United specializes in recruiting and selecting professionals in logistics and SHEQ. Our goal is to provide you with the right and suitable challenge for the long term. With more than 40 years of experience in the transport & logistics sector, we quickly and easily make the right match between you and your new employer. We look beyond your profile and that of the vacancy. We want you to fit together and strengthen each other. Only then have we done our job.
Has your interest been awakened? Nice! What now:
1. You apply
2. You will be invited by us for an introduction. After the introduction, we introduce you to the employer. They will also invite you for an introduction.
3. If, like the employer, you are positive after the introduction, you will be invited for a second interview. During this interview you will go deeper into the position and meet other colleagues
4. If there is a click between you and the employer, you will receive a proposal by e-mail
5. If the proposal matches your wishes, confirm this by e-mail and visit the employer to sign your contract. Congratulations! You will therefore be employed directly by the employer.
We will guide you step by step during the above process and we will be in regular contact with each other during this period. For more questions, please call us at 06-28070355 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org